Monday, November 24, 2014

Why are not made to work for yourself

yeah man employees working in ...
Shutterstock


I remember the day like it was yesterday. It was June 2012 and I had with my boss that I tell leaving work . I do not have to go to another company. I was not in my retirement. I wanted to start my own business.

The feeling was like no other I have ever felt. It was a combination of relief, as mixed with an elephant on the chest, with great enthusiasm. I was in a morally committed work and thought a lot to leave. I wanted to work for myself for years and have now had the opportunity. The company began nearly three years ago my wife was the point where I could do the step to help run it.

I remember the moment when I decided to pull the trigger and shoot me in my office working. I asked for job after job without attractive offers. My wife said, "If someone give you a chance, maybe it's time to give." That was all it took to convince me to take the plunge and I have not looked back.

I am not alone, because there are about 10 million people in the US independent While life to be independent, start your own business as an entrepreneur or what enviable and sometimes want to be impressive, is whatever you call it is not for everyone.

The only thing not to say

I hate to be independent . There are benefits that I love my career in the cell can not touch. If I take a month in the area, I have this year, I am not sure. If I take a three-hour lunch, so I my son, how possible to eat for her birthday. These are things that I would not give for nothing.

However, there is a point that many of them, they dream to jump completely overlooked but excellent.

It's all up to you!

I know it can be hard, your mind around, wrap that, but it's all up to you! Do not believe me? Take a look at some of the things that you are responsible for when you go out for himself in the industry:
  • Bringing in business
  • Coverage of health care
  • Professional Growth and Development
  • Billing and Accounting
  • The hiring and firing of all potential employees
That the list is only the surface and not things like rent and loss of benefits such as paid leave or (k) 401, from top to bottom.

I knew in my head at least, they are the realities that before they would face the jump, but it's completely different when you see it play in your life. So I asked him what the hell I've done many times, since they do not sometimes take the plunge, the obligation seems worth it.

The late night infomercials lie

If you watch TV late at night, you will notice some similarities. One such problem is the abundance that can be seen with your own business.

They say that you only work a few hours a week.

They tell you jet-set Mai Tais and drink every weekend.

They say that everything that can be automated so no need to. Get things for you

The life of a single human being in essence they idealize, while in and out lies. If you run your own business was so easy, everyone would do it, and everything would rich. What they leave out the blood, sweat and tears it takes to run a business. They neglect the fact that thanks to its clients and any semblance of balance between work life is a challenge to maintain.

This is not a solution to be unhappy at work

When I to other people who are looking to finally speak the switch to the independence, I hear a common theme. They are satisfied with their work. If you are not satisfied with their role, they do not like your boss or they feel like they are everywhere to grow in society for them. These are all understandable circumstances and we can all on one level.

However, his job announced in self-employment is not the answer to the accident at work. It may be an understandable temptation when you think seriously about the consequences of such a decision. You can be happy with your current situation, but you should ask yourself if you are willing to take on all things that your employer filed for now.

Instead of jumping, because you are not happy at work, looking for ways that you can develop. Maybe it means going to another company. Maybe this means the use of training opportunities your employer offers. Maybe you just need a conversation with your boss to have and on the same page. These are all options that could improve their situation without risks and dramatic change work for you. If after looking at other options for your everyday work, but the company itching, consider starting a side gig. If it is removed, it may be a less risky option offer, but in self-employment as rewarding.

If you are planning to jump into self-employment, have someone who has gone the way before and thought long and hard about your decision, because it is not very well be the right choice for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment