Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Ask Jack: Vacation time in office + Job of the Week

Gingerbread house. Woman in ...
Shutterstock



AOL Jobs loyal reader Kate said:

I have a question in the world of work. I spent six hours for an event at work to cook. What is wrong with me?

I know it's not necessarily something wrong with you, Kate (but maybe you should be a profession in the kitchen, in the context available). The holidays mean a lot of time - individuals and businesses - on the desktop celebrations: cooking, shopping elves, standing around with a plastic cup pretending to be "happy", etc. I think you are someone who really throws in the projects (ie dissatisfied pick up a package of Oreos on the way to work and call it a day), which only exacerbates the situation. My only advice: multitasking. Not Bake a jackpot that can be used for office party, open house your idiot neighbor, and do not forget to keep some of their own family. This also applies shopping. And do not worry, it will be miserable in January, before you know it.

Meanwhile Elyse says:

This is the time when people in my work always offer me food and I have to explain that if I know the ingredients I can not eat because of my allergies. This is always, by providing them keep food in me, then act offended that I did not eat followed. So even if I say I could die, are all over it! What can I do?

Look, I know Kate is very sensitive, but get over it. There is definitely something strange psychological Mojo joined the homemade food. Not just some of the ingredients are stirred together and put in the oven, is a favorite family recipe and cooking was the only time that I really connected with grandma and I offer my soul to refuse dare you animal? !?! Window dropoff addition, there may be a pent-up frustration, which is in the vegan, gluten-intolerance to lactose, low sodium, free-range, anti-GMO world in which we now live. Can a big ol 'smile to simulate, Elyse? As well explained that looks simply delicious, and you may want to eat, but the last time I ate something wrong, which accidentally ended up in hospital. This last part may not be technically true, but it gets the point across: This is a severe allergy. Which reminds me, "s is also the season of open enrollment .

Ask questions Jack last week

If you have a problem at work for Jack? Write it in the comments below (better answers to the questions in this week are welcome!) Or Tweet AOLJobs hashtag with #AskJack.

Jack week

Kate, you find a job. When cooking for six hours, you might as well be paid for it. So how about a baker in Dallas, Texas? Or if you want to find another way to make the dough, do your own research on AOL work at this time. Butcher, sailmaker and thousands of other great jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment