Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ask Jack: Job Search, addicts decisions Candy Crush, employment of the week

Save the date January 1 with ...
Shutterstock

As 2014 2015 AOL Jobs Carl reader has a question ...

Hey Jack. Can you prior resolutions for the new year of my constant search for a job?

Yes, of course I can, Carl - and he gives me another excuse to write my own decisions .

1) I'm going to apply at least one job every day. As with many things in life, is a numbers game to find a job, so why not increase your chances? Then in practice remain filling out applications.

2) I will stay positive. New Year strain Thanksgiving is not the time to find the perfect job. Hiring managers undressing still there, her thoughts were not always rushed at work or to complete projects at the end. So do not be upset about the recent lack of response; The new year is a new opportunity. And everyone will remain focused on their work until Memorial Day!

3) At least once a week, I'll get in touch with an old friend / colleague / friend / respect. Oh, every week there is no contact with the same person as it could have goosebumps. But networking is the name of the game. Who knows, maybe his old friend has met a new job or just someone in your area. The informal "If you hear anything, let me know," could really get the ball rolling.

4) I will keep my resume and LinkedIn profile up to date. Months pass and we forget some of the project work that we have done, or a volunteer position or even change into apartments. Periodic updating avoids last minute fight, when asked to provide your contact details.

5) We read "Ask Jack" every week, and always share it on Facebook and Twitter. Hey, it was worth it, right?

Meanwhile, Louise has a serious problem.

Help !! I can not stop playing Candy Crush Saga soda while I have to work. What I can dojQuery19106561355048324913_1419868549437

Wait, you're the one who keeps sending me invitations to play? Stop. Our Apps those certainly be a distraction during the working day. Can you, allowing you to play a deal with yourself as a reward? that is, when I finish a piece of work, so you can play a short break. But the problem with our "addiction" is not always respond to logic. So ... you hide your phone. Put it in a drawer at the bottom or on the bottom of your purse or in your pocket. Out of sight, is not always the same "out of mind", but at least make it a little harder for themselves. You know, you look at it as a game.

Ask questions Jack last week

If you have a problem at work for Jack? Write it in the comments below (better answers to the questions in this week are welcome!) Or Tweet AOLJobs hashtag with #AskJack.

Jack week

Hey, Louise, I have a job for you: a video game tester in Austin, Texas! Imagine that you pay to play video games. (Of course, then you have probably escaped to marketing reports and assessments in full). If this work is not app-Ealing, do your own research on AOL work at this time. The search for a new task for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment