Friday, January 16, 2015

North Miami Beach Police shoot Mugshots Black Teens

Valerie Deant, a sergeant in the Army National Guard Florida was, in a shootout with some of his colleagues for their annual training weapons such as TV WTVJ as he realized that some of the objectives elite shooters North Miami beach police had used earlier in the day.

The police mug shots of African-American men shot, some of them teenagers. One was his brother, Woody Deant. The pictures are all detained by the police persons were marked with bullet holes.

"I was like," Why is my brother used for target practice? "Valerie said Deant WTVJ TV, admitting that he" cried a few times. "

A good question. His brother was arrested in 2000 as part of a race that resulted in the death of two people.

"The image as bullet holes," Woody said to WTVJ TV Deant. "A person who is in the front and in the eyes. ... I was speechless."

Twitter, @ NBC6


The brother had spent four years in prison after endurance race. "Now that I used as a target?" He said. "I'm not even live that life after the way I, as shown. I am a father. I am a man. I am a man career. I work from nine to five."

The Chief Constable of North Miami Beach Dennis J. Scott said the department has a variety of photos for target practice, including whites and Hispanics, and said the scene Deant witness was no evidence of racial discrimination. Dennis mugshots defended the use of so important for face recognition. However, the head of the department said not to use his ministry arrested for images of people.

For now, says Dennis the department would stop the images until they present expanded the rights of the number that people would not use that officials had been arrested, and eliminate targets after recording used.

It is comforting to think that Woody Deant police "automatically ... Target, Target, Target thinking."

No comments:

Post a Comment