Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Moment with Dr. King Soggy

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Alamy


The memory of the afternoon behind Martin Luther King, Jr. 2015 The year was 1964, Maytag, lecture was civil rights leader, Martin Luther King, sponsored in a speech at Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa. My father, he was placed director of public relations for the Maytag Corporation and Dr. King, Ralph Abernathy, Jesse Jackson, and two other men on the staff of Martin Luther King to fly back to Chicago and in your commercial flight in Atlanta Private Maytag, King Air.

My mother took me from high school this rainy day in Newton, Iowa, and took with Dr. King in the small airfield in the rain, as he and others under the wing of the aircraft snuggled preparation for boarding. "Dr. King," he said, "I want you to meet my son, John."

No comments:

Post a Comment