Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Ask Jack: snow days, people with disabilities, and employment of the week

Parked car in Winter
Getty


AOL Jobs Jesse reader says ...

Well, it happened again. We had a huge snowstorm, and I - who live more than an hour of work - in fact, very early. A colleague who shall remain nameless, who lives much closer, said he could not. This happens every time, and it's not fair. Why a day when I tried?

Jesse, I remember a quote I once heard: .. "Clair Clair is when you pigs" You will find a lot of stock in the world and by comparing our own behavior in the environment for the work Otherwise it losing game - is in Disappointment ever. I can only say fair to focus on you on the other; it can really have an impact. And it is a good worker - be on time and do your job. It is not always obvious, but in the long run, someone will notice. Oh, and you and your colleague , I think sleep better at night. (Well, you are, but just because you are tired of all these blades.)

Roseann looking for work. She explains ...

I've noticed recently that when applying and possibly filling, sex, national origin, veteran status, provide another way of identifying with any of a long list of disabilities, both physical and mental. This will be followed by a statement that the government set to encourage companies a person with disability, but the plaintiff does not have to prove that they have a disability. Since I have trouble finding work, I want to say that I have a disability. Do you think it would give me an edge in the job market?

Roseann, this can be an advantage in the "When nobody Terrible Terrible" market. Hey, I completely understand that to find a job - especially if a long and seemingly no end in sight - can really wear on you. They say that desperate times call for desperate measures, so that he could cross his mind to something you know in your heart to do evil and stupid (lying on an application, invest liquor store, etc.). I really do not want to answer specific question, except to say that - and you know - people with disabilities are often discriminated against by potential employers, so that this proposal is just try to give, fair treatment .

This is what I mean: If you have a job, there are pros and cons involved and politics, and evil. Yes, to be unemployed totally sucks. But look at it as an opportunity to make humanity again - it's the best it can be. You will find work, I promise. Why not be a good person, at the same time?

Ask questions Jack last week

If you have a problem at work for Jack? Write it in the comments below (better answers to the questions in this week are welcome!) Or Tweet AOLJobs hashtag with #AskJack.

Jack week

This week, have you thought "Hey, I like to be this snow shovels and I'm ready to be a professional" Well, I have a job for you in Laconia, New Hampshire. Since the job description states: "To use a shovel." More than one type inside? Do your own research on the use of AOL , and save the bucket for the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment