Monday, September 15, 2014

I got 99 problems. "Em resolution not

Prick the promise of roads Trojan
sassycrafter / Flickr

It is 07.00 clock on Monday, and I wake up to two text messages. One is to say one of my Divas, he needs treatment and emergency channel can not work on that day, and one does from a client of mine who did not come home before noon on that day, for he is an electrician I work. I frantically jumped out of bed and start calling and sending SMS messages and e-mails to see to customers who can move me that day, to coordinate the timing.

Can we do it expects home of Jeanne before that day? Can I Sarah to move to Tuesday, and someone from Tuesday to Monday? It is a constant headache and I always fit the pieces perfectly. My schedule is. My days.

Like most small business owners (I suspect), I have the strategic intent of my work schedule.

So if something goes wrong, I have to make quick adjustments on the legs. On any given day, the cleaning diva offers four to 10 houses. This is an exact planning. The location - close to the houses, and the houses of others; Time - the time that each house to cleanse us; Day - some customers are on a set schedule, some are flexible; The team - the on / off each day, and we have to share;? The Ball Curve - a puncture, cancellation is a sick day, winter weather.

So what do I do if I threw a curveball Sandy Koufax?

Balance, and hopefully hit him. I solve problem. This is an essential skill to have for any business owner - the one I use every day. I like it a skill and use.

Now I can not talk out there on behalf of the 99 problems that other small businesses, but I can not share some of mine. Hmmmm ... where do I start?

One day, three of us to work together to Marlboro and Hazlet, which are about 15 minutes of each other, but half an hour from our base in Spring Lake. After clearing the second house in Marlboro, one of my Divas sick and had to quit his day early. We were all in a car, and I was not taking it home and then back in this area. So I called my client and his Hazlet spent one more day then I called a customer in the vicinity of the house, which was the next day and asked if we could get there in 45 minutes. Fortunately, my clients are to understand and flexible, so that everything went well.

My point here is, if I do not think and act quickly, I would have been at a standstill.

Winter is definitely an obstacle for us, I'm sure it is for many. I literally biting their nails when the fear was announced during a blizzard. I do not like to move, until the storm actually hits, because if it is a hoax of the time, I'm in trouble. On the other hand, highlight the day of the storm, wondering if it's okay to drive, or if I cancel on dates.

Do not forget, I am responsible for my employees - their safety and content. When the driving conditions are dangerous, I do not take the risk, but my employees lose pay for the day. We carry equipment in and out of cars and houses, roads and icy if steps are not our friends. This is a difficult decision, but safety comes first. Now I'm scared thinking about the outlook for this winter!

If we clean homes of customers, sometimes sh * t happens. Fuses blow, power failure, break things or do not work, the appropriate cleaning agents are not available, stay residents, animals have accidents, we drop things, the people mourn babies to bed and nowhere, doors behind us and we can not go back. I mean, whatever happened.

I hit things with improvised tools cleaning, dog taken to the vets, drains and clogged toilets, climbed through windows, doors and remote shower put them together again, empty trash and waste repaired fixed. The list is long. But the key is that I fixed the problem.

If you are a good, fast problem solving, enjoy troubleshooting sand that comes with the small group of business ownership. If you are not - to be learning, or think twice about their own concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment