Monday, September 29, 2014

7 ways to survive the long journey

Cars driving in traffic
epSos.de/Flickr


How to survive a long journey? People do it because USA Today reported about 8 percent of workers in the nation, take an hour or longer to work. Almost 600,000 full-time workers suffer by new census data commute 1.5 hours and 50 miles' defined megacommutes USA ".

I asked seven-hour day plus travel, as most of the time to do.

"On a good day, my CT-New York route 1.5 hours. On a bad day, 2 hours and counting, my favorite way to spend time, the radio competitions appeal is heard. Due to the hands-free choice quickly and the most important, redial, in recent years I visit an office -. indeed for an hour, of the rock band Sugar Ray and tickets to a private concert Sheryl Crow My miss most disappointed .. second I arrived all at the Super Bowl paid costs! "
Julie Davis Canter, author of Waddley see the world


"I learn Spanish I travel an hour by train / subway to work and is the perfect length of time, press in practice - especially because they usually make time for another, I'm learning Spanish for a while, just because I think it makes sense to have a second language -. particular one of the most spoken languages in the world, because I go in my day to and from work two hours, wanted a good deal with the time to make, so I decided to participate and it worked very well! "
Ashlee White, Account Coordinator, MWW


"I travel every day to Boston to work. Door to door, delays waiting for me each way is about 1 hour, 40 minutes. My trip includes travel (car), light rail, subway and on foot for the majority of the time I write letters -.. still send birthday cards, etc, so I'm going to fill them and treat them in the train I always stationery and stamps in my pocket and Excel folder all my contacts in my Google Drive that I me to Google Drive app, so I could enter the address of the receiver and remove the card by publication, as soon as I have the opportunity to work.
I write lists of things to do, shopping lists, and clip coupons on the go in the morning, so you can easily go to the supermarket or shopping after getting off the train at night. "
Meredith D'Agostino, head of the account 451marketing


"My typical week begins with a Monday morning pick up early for my apartment in New York. After a trip to the airport, which can last between 20-45 minutes, I wait about 15-30 minutes at the door and read or relax. Terms, when I sleep or work on my computer, depending on the week. Having arrives at the destination airport, a car hire or take a taxi to the local customers. Each Thursday I can usually return to New York in the afternoon and take a taxi back to my apartment. flights on Thursday, I will read and work a little, again depending on the week. Overall, my weekly trip is 8 hours. "
Sander van den Bergh, Senior Business Analyst


. "I live in Valencia, CA and work in Los Angeles 405 freeway, this means my morning commute at least an hour and a half 1: 00-2: 00 Evening That means my trip to be anywhere from 2.5 to 3, 5 hours., if there is an accident or rainy day, that my way up to 4 hours.'m enjoy the moment by I have not occasionally spoken. too, I like listening to audio books. I get by family members in my car book in less than a week easily with my album. "
Roxanna Eke, Associate PR

"We live in Hempstead, Texas, and travel to Houston, 1 hour and 15 minutes each way (more traffic.) I am traveling with my 9-year-old child, and listened to the Broadway channel
Sirius / XM and discuss songs and singers. If we do not hear music, my daughter practicing her singing voice for the class or do your homework in the backseat loud so I can hear and correct if necessary. "
Tobi Kosanke, Senior Geologist, Marathon Oil Company

"I have a 5-hour drive I drive. From Michigan to Pittsburgh and back every two weeks. Bought an Audible account and use it to learn about the business or enjoy the fun."
John W. Beiter, Ph.D., psychologist and executive coach

How long is your commute? As best?

No comments:

Post a Comment