Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Ask Jack: American Dream, personal email and work week

Parents with children relaxing in living room
Getty



AOL Jobs Don readers a question.

I work in an advertising agency in New York. I was married with two beautiful children, but to be honest I was not the best man and it does not work. And I can not say that my next wedding was much better. (It is perhaps a little too much to drink, what might have caused some of my other questions ".") It was affecting my work, and I almost fired! Long story short, brought together and I'm still here. (Phew!) But I guess my question is, how long can I go on?

First, Don, thanks to your question submitted by a typed letter, which is a nice change! Now I think you yet another victim of the illusion of the American dream. Honestly, I have no fault of his own world to misleading advertising, for many of us. On the screen or page, we see that the perfect person with the perfect and ideal working for the family - not surprising as our own experience is not possible to bring together! And of course, this separation to depression, "self-medication" to which to hurt you, and lead self-sabotage.

All I can suggest is, wait, my friend. Realize that we face every problem - certainly not alone - and credited him something that he's a survivor. You must be very good at what you can do, or you will not keep around. If you take some time away from the office for personal affairs in order, the heads could be very understanding. Tackle one thing at a time; You are not a superhero. Try to peace with those you have wronged to make. She admitted he has problems and is an important first step. Well, be thankful that you still have a job, not everyone can say that!

No comments:

Post a Comment