Friday, April 3, 2015

10 tips for working for a younger boss

Girl as a businesswoman ...
Shutterstock


With Kerry Hannon

Here's one thing I know (and the New Policy Institute AARP survey of older workers facing unemployment in the last five years I have backup): If you are over 50 and looking for work is brutal out there.

There are many explanations, but age discrimination is the main obstacle. Among the concerns that some employers of older applicants will sit in front of a young chef.

And frankly, you could.

The secret of this working relationship is mutual respect. Age does not matter if you want even if your boss is decades younger than you, he or she probably had this position due to the skills and impressive talents.

In my new book, such as work: The new rules of happiness race , I offer the following 10 tips on how to efficiently and happy young chef to work. I hope you find them useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment