Friday, July 10, 2015

About 55 and overqualified: tips for older job seekers

Midsection of a woman talking about work with an employer
Getty
By Chris Farrell

Recently, I have this email from a woman named Patricia, 64 years old (she asked not to use his last name):

Long-term unemployed "," 99er "?". Who I am, I said to myself that question every day I use the term "[a 99er is someone whose federal unemployment benefits ran out - after 99 weeks]" couch potato ", etc. They call every name that is to happen ... and was caught, were interviewed, he spoke and said, all kinds of names and was always and over and over again, as "overqualified" I am who often lament and mourn told. "

More than 55 and "overqualified"
The framework of the story of Patricia is unfortunately familiar and resonate with other unemployed people over 55 who were told were overqualified when they applied for jobs. I here so I could advice to them and nobody else "overqualified" among the long-term unemployed to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment