Monday, August 18, 2014

There's no crying in the office

Beauty girl cry
Getty

A few months ago I had a conversation with a friend who works in the nonprofit industry. She told me that her boss not only allowed in the meetings who mourn actually encouraged. I spit my drink almost, when I heard this story, because it was the most ridiculous thing I heard behavior.

There is a time and a place to grieve and often, the economic environment is not the place.

That does not mean I do not have to cry at work. I am all the people after and have feelings that can sometimes be overwhelming; However, when I get the feeling the torque to the surface, I apologize immediately is the state nearest bathroom and mourn like a baby. In my eyes this is the only acceptable way to grieve at work.

To mourn the cause and work was recently revealed when the actress Maggie Gyllenhaal confessed "to have a little cry" when the reality of their role in facing "the honorable woman."

Believe me, I understand the desire to mourn in an intense moment or a personal event that happened in your life. I spent some time in the bathroom stall, when I discovered that my first baby aborted. Then it was time that I made a mistake that has cost nearly a million customers and their work. Or, if I do not agree with my boss and I did not want to see me grieve.

However, when the tears start to fall into a group that causes a distraction that are not good for anyone.

In my opinion, may be because I spent 14 years in finance, and all signs of weakness is unacceptable. I think, however, that the practice not to grieve in a group is one that must be carried out in all working environments.

When we work for a company that we are paid to do our jobs to the best of their ability and to find after our job descriptions, customers, teammates internal support or new ways to grow the company and to earn money, so that we continue to play a role in the team. They are not compensated for the creation is distractions that lead to reduced productivity in these areas.

Some may read and think, I'm always hard.

, But I think a company's employees, many tasks to our suppliers to pay, and we need an environment to create conducive to the achievement of these tasks.

If someone starts in the office outside the walls of the bathroom, some people want to help, to mourn, to distract them from work, and some people want to try to distract gossip also work. Not to mention the follow-up discussions, the mention made after the event for weeks.

Apart from colleagues distracted to be productive, do not know many people who come and enjoy a leader or colleagues cry. Yes, I want to be a boss, compassion and sympathy to show, I do not want to see them in a moment of weakness, and to mourn in public shows a weakness for me.

I also want to see my colleagues in their prime, so I know I can count on them.

For better or worse, the tears in the office wonder about his abilities, and when I say a woman, you can imagine what the guys say that the audience crying.

Most festivals tears come from a personal place, so we have to do in our time, and not to interfere with our colleagues.

Every time I gave myself a festival of screaming, I am after usually organized a happy hour to carefully evacuate my questions with the right group of people and work in the right environment.

This is the time and place of the mourners, surrounded by friends with a cocktail in hand. However, if you have good friends like me, you spend probably laugh and let what is bothering you.

No comments:

Post a Comment