Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Apologize write, learn, say "no", and 7 more tips for the success of women at work

Operating office work Technical Companies
Getty

Betsy Myers

It took a long time to learn the magic word: NO.

The next step was to learn to say "no" without offering an apology and / or apology.

To become a habit, this new competition is under practice.

However, the benefits are numerous and have allowed me to rethink how I. My time and energy

The practice of "No" was very liberating and helped me to compensate for what is really important to my work and life at a time.

As Jim Collins, author of "Good to Great," he says, "stop" lists are more important than "to do" lists. "This new muscle was my guiding and taught me how to say" No "the possibilities of" Yes "enables moments.

To apologize more often than not, women with guilt and unable to do anything, and to explain on the way; Therefore, we can not accommodate a work project or should we leave a meeting, to manage the collection center or the football game from our son to see at the last minute.

Life is busy. The work is concerned. Our minds are fully booked. Do not say you give us permission to manage our time by eliminating the clutter of unnecessary obligations. We live in a culture that glorifies full, so it is not surprising that we easily mistake activity for progress.

Learn to say "no" is just one of the many lessons I learned in my career. We never stop to learn and grow, if we remain open to new ideas, perspectives and ways of carrying out our own lives.

Curiosity has my interest, what brings us happiness and success at work, fueled not only my own experiences of success and failure, but of those who so generously shared their stories. I have always believed that we do not reinvent the wheel, but to discover and share best practices.

Here are some of the lessons that could help them get where they want to be:

No comments:

Post a Comment